Back to Blogger! It's silly, I know.




Haha, hey again, Blogger...

This is very awkward but, yeah, I just realized that leaving Blogger was a big mistake.

Here's why!

Blogger is search-engine friendly (at least through Google, of course), I noticed that since I posted my chords in Patreon it was actually impossible to find my post in search engine, but when I googled for something like, "heikousen chord", my blog appeared in the first page of the result. Even some of my YouTube videos appeared too.

I checked my blog's stats yesterday, and damn. Despite of being forgotten for almost 3 years, the views are still going in daily.
People are still coming for my 2017 post, or even further than that, daily!


I've never thought of that when I decided to move into Facebook (and then Patreon).


Now, I regret my choice 2 (or 3) years ago. I didn't consider this, hidden advantage of using Blogger. I used to think that it was outdated, or something.

I saw other people's blog, and they seems to keep improving. Yeah, they pay for and improvement, some web designers, to keep their blog up to date (design-wise).


The worse part, is that I could've just keep going and place ads not from Google Adsense. One of the reason why I left Blogger because my Google Adsense account can't be used to show ads in the pages, because it was taken by YouTube. I've been thinking, if my channel is still below the threshold of monetization, I could've just use it for my Blogger instead.


Long story short: it wasn't that easy. So, I'm trying to apply to another Ads publishers now.

I was so mad at myself yesterday when I realized that I could've just done this and make money with my works eventually.

Anyway, nowadays, ads are part of us, they even interrupt our games to give the player the in-game benefits, not to mention, it gives the developer financial benefits. People are beginning to feel okay of seeing ads. There was a time when I watched a rookie streamer, and people tell him to turn on the ads, it's fine. I also thought about that. It's fine. I want him to have a good life, even if it's from annoying thing like ads.

Now, if you excuse me, I want to start moving ALL OF MY CHORD POSTS from Patreon (and perhaps Facebook).

Oh, I also want to set up my ko-fi account, in case if someone use and would like to support my project.

Anyway, I'M AN IDIOT!

Comments

Most Popular